Sonic art // Embrace Failure // Experimental soundworks
Embrace Failure is a sonic collage that condenses a piece of discourse to focus on breaks in speech. Discourse markers, interjections and other such uncertain utterances are presented in rapid succession to create an atmosphere of hesitancy and confusion. The comment “it is important to embrace failure” aptly encapsulates the previously uncertain and unsuccessful attempts to recall what it is they meant to say.
0:00 Embrace Failure – Excerpts from interview with an unnamed political figure
0:58 Strange Warblings
1:39 No Such Thing as Silence – Excerpts from interview with Brian Eno
2:27 Alien Chop
3:55 The News – Excerpts from interview with unnamed political figures
Fair Use for Criticism or review
Quoting parts of a work for the purpose of criticism or review is permitted provided that:
- The work has been made available to the public.
- The source of the material is acknowledged.*
- The material quoted must be accompanied by some actual discussion or assessment (to warrant the criticism or review classification).
- The amount of the material quoted is no more than is necessary for the purpose of the review.
* Exact source of the interviews has been lost to the annals of time, so it is impossible for me to acknowledge the original authors. If you are the owner of any elements presented in this piece and would like to be appropriately credited or for your work to be removed, please contact me and I will take action accordingly.